Thursday, September 18, 2008

Parenting, Politics, and a three legged dog...

It's been a while since my last blog. That's because I've been really busy. I had to move from one city to another, and that is not an easy task. First comes the packing, then the moving, and finally the settling into the new place; by which time you are so exhausted, you only think of hot baths and sleep! No rest for me though. As soon as I was settled in to my new place, I had to start getting ready for our new homeschooling year. Thank G-d that went by a little smoother! We started classes 2 weeks ago, and thankfully everything is going well, although it is time consuming. Just when I thought that everything was going back to normal, settling into our rutine, threats of hurricanes started coming in. I immediately moved into survival mode and began preparing with food and other primary necessities. Ike was a big scare for Florida, but in the end, it never came even close...at least not like Fay. I also spent a lot of time watching the democratic and republican conventions; why it is beyond me. At this point in time I am so weary about everything that has been going, that in truth, I don't believe neither candidate will actually improve the situation the Nation is facing at this moment. So I practically wasted my precious time watching these people attack each other while smiling, promising impossibilities, and try to sell themselves as the saviours of the Nation. Each with their own strategies; but I just can't help but notice the arrogance in one of the candidates, and the struggles to survive from the other. Obama promised change - he even said his campaign would be different, above the unrefined tactics of smear campaign and whatnot. He even inspired Hollywood to make songs and videos about him, his books are best sellers, and he is seen as fresh and new blood for Washington. Have I seen that? Nope! All I see now is Obama attacking McKain for any little thing he says, taking phrases out of context, making TV Ads that are simply the same old thing I always see every four years!!! Now, what I would like to know is; in what way is that supposed to be change? Truthfully the answer is beyond me. Now to make matters worse, in my eyes at least, they have taken the Vice Presidential Candidate Gov. Sarah Palin and have practically skinned her alive; I never saw the McKain camp do that against Joe Biden. And what's even more discussting to me is to see women speak against her! What happened to the Clinton followers? all those women inspired by Hillary's successful campaign as the presidential candidate? So it's ok to be inspired by Hillary, but not by Sarah Palin? See, I am beginning to think I am just an ignorant uneducated person, who understand nothing when it comes to politics; hence my lack of enthusiasm lately. I have decided I am not even wasting my vote. Neither canditate inspire me. I do admire the profile and package that McKain brings into the picture; and I do find admirable that a women as young as Palin, with 5 children, can successfully reach such a milestone, even when nobody knew who she was!! In my opinion, politics are just as corrupted as Wall Street is, and they are definetly not looking out for Middle America. Instead, like with everything else, everyone is looking out for each other, their own success, their own means of gaining power over a Nation based on Capitalism, Democracy, and the ACLU! ha!! Yes, I do admit being conservative, but frankly cannot identify myself with neither party...so I guess I am leaning towards the independent line of thought, which in my opinion is growing in this Nation more and more each year. The minute a third party appears in the horizon that claims to represent the independent vote, that's the minute I'll stop calling myself an independent. I do not believe in modern politics; but I do worry about having an unexperienced, pop sensation, arrogant and unknown (unknown views and beliefs) get the power. Having Obama run this Nation is as scary as having all our borders open wide for everyone to come in and do whatever! But that's just my opinion.
So I quickly got bored with politics, and decided to move on to more interesting things...I got a dog! I found him on the internet; he was being advertise as a pure breed Shiz Tzu, and yet, they were giving him away free! So I decided to check it out, and it turns out the poor guy was born with only 3 legs. I immediately fell in love with him, and knew I had to have him. Thankfully, I was the first one to make the call, and so I got him! We had to drive for 4 hours both ways, to get him, but the trip was worthwhile. He is such a great puppy! We named him Levi, and he is almost 9 weeks old. What he lacks in leg, he fills with love and enthusiasm; it is incredible to see him running or skipping behind my children, who absolutely adore him. His little tail wags uncontrollably as soon as he sees any one of us, and he's only been with us a week! He is so full of love! I cannot imagine what would've happened if no one wanted him. The breeder told me that usually, dogs that are born with any defect are put to sleep, because they can't get any money from them. Luckily for this little guy, the breeder prefered to give him away than to put him to sleep, and for that I am thankful. He is so beautiful and smart; already learned to use the training pads, and we've had very little "accidents" with him. He loves the children, and what makes me so glad to have gotten him is that he gives unconditional love to a little girl needing just that.






Tiffany and Levi

No comments: