Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Introduction of a Life Less than Ordinary


I will begin this blog by writing a little about myself. I am 36 yrs old. I am a mother and a wife. I have two beautiful children, and I'm not just saying that because I am their mother, they actually are great looking kids! My children are: Tiffany Leilani who is 9 1/2 yrs old and Adrian Nathaniel who turns 8 in October. I also happen to be a: housewife/general manager / accountant/ educator/ nurse. I was born in New York from Puertorican - Jewish parents, and was raised in the Island of Puerto Rico; I went to school, got married and had my children there. And for the past 3 years have been living in Florida.

I am a religious Jew - that means I keep Shabbat, and celebrate Chanukkah instead of Christmas. I go to Shul (Synagogue) every Saturday with my husband and children, and keep a Kosher lifestyle. My husband and I are part of a small music group; we play Religious music with an Acoustic / Sephardic style.

I love to read! I read anything from Sherlock Holmes and Lord of the Rings to Dean Koontz, but I mostly read religion books centered on Judaism. I also like to write, even though I'm not very good at it.

I went to College 3 times!!! Yes, I'm a college freak. The first time was fresh out of High School, where I started Microbiology, but that was a big dissapointment! At the age of 20, I moved to the Island of Jamaica to study Theology...yes, an unlikely place to study that; but that's where I went. All I can say is, that I enjoyed the Montego Bay view every single night, so in my book, it was the best place to study Theology. Last time I went to College was at the age of 32, where I did a degree in Respiratory Therapy; only because my son had serious respiratory health issues and I wanted to learn how to take better care of him. Needless to say, ever since, Adrian is a healthy boy! I am now considering two more options: Nursing, and Yeshiva (Jewish College). Nursing because my husband happens to be Diabetic, and I feel I need to learn more about this terrible illness in order to better care for my husband's health needs. Doing Yeshiva would be for my own personal satisfaction.

Right now, I am Homeschooling our children, and I can honestly say that in my case, it is the best option; but I will write more about my experiences as a homeschool mom later on. My children love it and thrive at it. They do not do well in school...trust me, I tried. But, I love having them with me, and being able to teach them and gear them in the right direction as well; without outside influences. They are great kids though, so being 24/7 with them is enjoyable, although very tiring.

I have been through many experiences in my life, that can be counted as less than ordinary, yet, I consider my life to be interesting, and unusual to say the least. I have created this blog to share my life's experiences with anyone out there interested. I will be writing alot about Religion, Parenting, Homeschooling, Marriage, and other subjects as they become relevant throughout my life's experiences. I hope that my writing will somehow be helpful to at least one person a day; that would make the purpose of this blog fulfilled.

I have named my blog A Life Less than Ordinary, because that is what I consider my life to be so far.....and yet, what a ride it has been!!

2 comments:

Angelito said...

Hermoso regalo a Prici, hermoso....

Josie said...

Gracias...lo menos, y lo mas insignificante que puedo hacer.