Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One last goodbye to my friend....


Priscilla, my sister, my friend...I thank the Holy One for the privilege of having been part of your life.
Even, as brief as it was.
Prisci, I loved you so much my dear friend. How many wonderful memories we had; but now they only provoke in me sadness and melancholy.
Priscilla, thank you for opening the doors to your heart open wide, thank you for your love and trust, for the beautiful memories, our happy moments of laughter and joy, and for our sad moments as well, that kept us together.
Prisci, you were always a great example to my life; it didn’t matter how much suffering, betrayals, and loss you suffered, you always maintained a positive and happy attitude. Your strength amidst adversity served as an inspiration and strength to my own life. I was always amazed by your joy and happiness.
The image of your smile will be forever engraved in my memory.
Priscilla, I am so sorry that I could not see you one last time. Writing this note is a miserable and failed attempt to repay for the absence and the distance, it serves only as one last good bye from the depths of my soul.
Prisci, although I receive comfort by the fact that you no longer suffer, that your courage and bravery won this fight, and that right now you are in Heaven with the Holy One; I confess that this fastidious and existential humanity on mine, selfishly wants to be able to have another chance to see you alive to tell you how much I loved you face to face.
Sadly, we can never control Life, only G-d knows the last minutes of our lives; my only choice is to remember you as you were, and hope to see you again someday.
On Saturday the 16th of August 2008, we all lost a great friend, a sister, a fighter, and a champion….but Heaven gained a beautiful soul.
It was on that day, we all suffered and mourned for your loss….it was that same day that in Heaven, HaShem and His Hosts celebrated with joy and happiness the arrival of a beautiful and precious soul.
Priscilla, my sister, my friend...I thank the Holy One for the privilege of being part of your life.
Prisci, I love you, I loved you, and will Always Love You…and hope with all my heart that one day I will see your beautiful smile again.
Written Sunday, August 17th, 2008 in Spanish. Read at the Funeral on Monday, August 18th, 2008.

No comments: